11.17.2010

Stupid teenagers.

Not to be completely hypocritical, but teenagers just don't get love. They just don't. If anyone thinks that a relationship isn't the hardest job he'll ever have, then he is stupid. They aren't fun. They don't just magically work out. They are not like the movies. Most are not worth the effort. And all of a sudden this dude broke up with the girl he just got together with to date his ex who dated his best friend who flirts with the other one...and so on and so on. Just recently oodles of these stupid "relationships" pop up. Few pass my standards. Absolutely appalling, in my opinion. But I may just seem completely condescending and on-my-high-horse. I don't really care, because this is my blog and my world; here, I'm always right!

In any case, I've almost gotten too used to the long-distance thing, and I'm not sure I'll be able to function as a true girlfriend next week. It's unheard of: seeing your significant other every day? Shocking! All of this will be so worth the effort next year. I'm so glad for that. After almost three years, I have seen so much "love" come and go, and quite frankly, I'm tired of it. It's not that I got lucky [even though I truly did!] but it's that the two of us have the common decency to make an effort every day. It's not that we're soul mates. I don't believe in soul mates. I believe that love grows from daily reminders that someone is always thinking of us: in love, in annoyance, in embarrassment, whatever. All I need to know is that he cares.

Stop trying to beat the best, because believe me, we are the best :)
come home soon, Ben!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?
I'd love to hear from you!