8.31.2011

Career Fair of Hell

Today my engineering mentor talked about how to shake a recruiter's hand correctly for at least 5 minutes. True story.


That should describe in a nutshell how intensely people are pushing for me (a freshman) to get an interview/internship ASAP. I've only gone to college for less than 3 weeks? Um? Something's up. In any case, I need to go to a career fair in a week (!) and be shoulder to shoulder with much more experienced, older students actually looking for a job and act like I'm the awesomest person in in the world. It's bananas. Whatever.

In any case, my nerves are through the roof, but it does give me the opportunity to go shopping for professional attire for like the first time ever. Not really sure what I'll be wearing, but I hope I can get new shoes!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?
I'd love to hear from you!