7.28.2013

My eShakti.com Experience

Okay, here's a little secret. I'm kind of obsessive, especially with clothes and my crafting. If one itsy bitsy thing is off what I want it to be, then I don't want to wear/use/eat/decorate with it at all.

So a while ago I was on the hunt for the perfect dress. For me, here was the perfect recipe:

  • Kelly green or emerald green, would settle for forest green if necessary
  • Compensates for my larger bust and shoulders and my smaller waist
  • Sleeves--I want to be able to wear this to church or for a date...multipurpose
  • Not a low neckline, but still interesting
  • Knee length, again so I can wear it everywhere
  • Easy to clean/care for
  • Simple yet adorable
Okay, that's not even the whole list. But I'm very particular when I buy clothes. 
So I go on the hunt. 

Nada.
Zilch.
Zero. 

Nowhere on the internet did they have what I wanted. Albeit it was like December and no one was thinking "green knee-length sundresses" but even now in July, you'd never be able to find something that fit my criteria.

But then I stumbled onto eShakti.com, a site full of the most adorable and customizable dresses, shirts, and skirts. Bingo.



Here's how it works: 

For most dresses,  you have the ability to change the sleeve type, skirt length, removing pockets, and sometimes changing the neckline. If you pay $7.50 extra, you can get the garment made custom to your measurements! It's a pretty sweet deal, especially if you can never find anything proportioned for your body type!

And then, I found it, the most perfectest greenest cotton sundress you'd ever seen!!
And it was sold out a week later.

Heartbroken, I waited to see what new merchandise they would offer. They switch out their merch very  quickly compared to some stores. 

And finally in May, the website had new styles, one similar to the dress that I'd been coveting. Check out this little beauty: 

And so I snapped it up as soon as I saw it. The prices are a bit high for a cotton dress, but for new customers there's $25 off first purchase. Also their overstock and sales items are just as cute and more affordable. 

My eShakti Experience

Here's some things to know:
  • I received several e-mails notifying me of my transaction and when my dress shipped.
  • The company is stationed in India, so I think it took about 10 days to ship. But it came in a neatly wrapped package unharmed.
  • If you see something you like, buy it now!! They are constantly rotating out the old styles and colors. I rarely rarely see the same style and color up twice. 
  • The dress came as I ordered. It is nice quality cotton, with a little elastic ruching in the back. It's nice to have a little "give" in the back when you've eaten a little too much... 
  • I just discovered it has little snaps under the shoulder to keep your bra straps in place. Not sure if that's standard, but it's soo nice to have!
  • I normally wear a size 4 and ordered a size 4. It fits well--maybe a tad snug. It is still appropriate for more conservative functions. 
  • I love how it looks on me, hits in all the right places, and I've gotten a lot of compliments!
  • I have washed it twice now and it still has a lot of dye coming off it. It pretty much all cam out after I washed it by hand the second time. It's never come off on me or other clothes, only when wet. 

The Verdict:

Overall, I highly suggest this site to anyone looking for something flattering and different. They are very good quality and aside from this dye issue, I have no problems with my dress--I love it. Definitely keep them on your radar!


No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?
I'd love to hear from you!