8.20.2010

Happy Birthday to Me :)

Apparently, more people are born in August than any other month. Seems pretty accurate, seeing as my brother's, my mom's, and my birthday are all this week. I just finished my mommy's present, and I thought maybe someone would be inspired by it:
She's a science teacher, and she's also amazing at decorating her room each year, so with the new schoolyear beginning, I made her a science collage. This is my first experience with Mod Podge, and it worked incredibly well for the first time. Of course, the cheap brushes kept shedding, and I'm sure there's hair sealed onto the canvas, but I don't really mind. It turned out way cooler than expected! I printed out on the laser printer all the black and white images and hunted for the letters in the morning paper. Job well done, I'd say. It's personal, it's a pretty cheap present, and she'll love it. DUH.

In other news, I went painballing for the first time for my friend's birthday party....


Needless to say, I didn't do so hot. My boyfriend shot me in the shoulder when he was supposed to surrender and left a nasty bruise. Thanks a lot, babe!!

PS: I'll be in my town's newspaper soon! Huzzah!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?
I'd love to hear from you!